Practical Guide to Voice in the Modern Contact Center
Voice communication may seem outdated in the modern contact center era, which has shifted significantly towards digital channels. However, voice remains a critical component and should be integrated into your omnichannel strategy. Voice is essential for complex issues or sensitive situations where digital channels or automated options are insufficient.
Phase 1: Walk – Master the Basics
- The Evolution of Voice Technology: Incorporate AI-powered routing, natural language understanding (NLU) IVRs, AI-driven agent assistance, conversation analytics, and seamless omnichannel experiences.
- Empathy in Voice Interactions: Modern voice technology provides necessary support and context for personalized interactions, aiding agents with information and context.
- New Strategy for Voice: Make voice a key part of your omnichannel strategy, embracing AI to support agents in handling complex interactions.
Phase 2: Run – Optimize the Customer Journey
- Optimize Call Routing for Increased First Contact Resolution (FCR): Implement skills-based routing and improve IVR systems for efficient customer-agent matching.
- Expand Agent Capabilities: Provide agents with comprehensive knowledge and tools for handling complex conversations and train them in advanced problem-solving and empathy.
- Automated Options and AI-driven Insights: Utilize AI and analytics to optimize call routing and provide real-time guidance to agents.
Phase 3: Fly – Deliver Empathy at Scale
- AI-Powered Predictive Routing: Leverage AI to adapt routing strategies in real time, focusing on customer intent for empathetic interactions.
- Proactive Customer Engagement: Use outbound communication and AI to anticipate and address customer needs before they reach out.
- Enhancing Employee Experience: Implement AI-driven tools for agent performance, scheduling, and personal development to improve overall employee satisfaction.
Download The Content Related PDF , to Know more ;